Christmas Day 2008 will be the one year anniversary of Nano's homegoing to heaven.
So many things this time of year have made me think of her. Thanksgiving was a thinky day for me. I would hear one say, "this was Nano's dish" as they filled it with cranberry sauce or tell a child "go get Nano's silverware", I picked up one of her tea towels to dry a dish and I thought she lives on among us in the things we have that bring memories of her alive.
Now as I decorate for Christmas I am thinking of her again. In fact I think of her and Grandad quite often. I think it is because I am reaching the age that I remember them being! (Did I say that?) :-)
I am thankful for memories filled with loving actions, full of warm and yummy smells, funny stories, soft kisses and enveloping hugs. We miss her, but we look forward to reuniting with her and all our loved ones who have gone before., those who are already partying with Jesus.
Today I am watching the stars in the eyes of 3 of my grandsons as they look at the lights of the Christmas Tree. I am sharing times with them that will create the same memories for them that I have. I look forward to my 7 other grandchildren coming soon to play at Oma's house and make more memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've been thinking of Nano lately too! I love to keep her memory alive in my kids. They remember her through pictures, and when they think of Heaven, they talk about looking forward to being with Nano!
Memories are a wonderful thing. I also have some great memories of Nano and Granddad. Ikeep thinging of the old "Baptist hymn" When we all get to heaven, what a wonderful day that will be!!!
Thank you for putting the video on your site...I really enjoyed watching it again. Grandad and Nano will always be a part of who I am and in this way they simply are not gone they are merely missing in action...or maybe I should say, "I am missing in action" for one thing is sure...it seems the way years are flying that I am racing to be with them again. And...it really is not going to be all that long!!! This time of year always brings back deeper memories of them...you know, every time I go to the mall this time of year I have to duck inside the tobacco shop and stand for a while...this always brings back good memories of my very good friend - Grandad. Thanks again for sharing!
6 months after your post, I am up at 4am in the morning, watching the Nano movie again. Right at the end I start crying again, like the first times I watched it. I'm so glad we have a recording of her blessings to the 3rd and 4th generations!
As a side note, I use one of her platters on a daily basis for fruit, and just the other day we used some of her cloth napkins for the first time. :)
I need to amend the number of grandchildren we now have. The count is 15, 10 boys and 5 girls with one more girl coming. Are the girls in a race to catch up?
Post a Comment