Saturday, March 18, 2006

Cousin Time

Today was a good day. Mike and I did an open house in Plumas Lake...that is up by Marysville for about 4 hours but then you have to add in the 2 hours up and back and that counts as a full days work! But I tell you that area is so much like Kansas, it gives me the shivers. It does have nice views of the coastal and Sierra mountain ranges, but they are too far away and I would NEVER want to live there! Oops, I better take that back, that is what I said when we drove through Wichita, KS on the way to Grama and Grpa Wylie's 50th anniversary and years later that is exactly where we ended up! I was so surprised though because on our way to Marysville we could see snow on the coastal range! It is never that low. It has been cold here, although it is not really cold compared to Montana standards!

Glenn had gone out to our land after he got off work today. He was playing in the mud with his favorite toy...the bulldozer. He is actually creating a campground down on our lower forty er...five. He intends to set up the hardside trailer as well as the tent trailer so we can go "live" on the land when we want to.

I went out there on my way home from the open house, checking to see if he was still out there. He was and he told me to call Jack and Sheila to see if they were in the area. They had been to the airshow at Mather AFB and were on their way to see us out at our property. (Glenn had given them directions earlier). So I ran home and changed into jeans and boots and picked up Mom to go too!

What a great surprise! I got to do a little bit of four wheelin' (boy is my "sheila" dirty now!) We drove down to see Glenn's campground, hey we should name it "GoPa's Campground" since he made it. We got very sloppy muddy in the soupy muddy road Glenn was making (Mike and Charlotte do not drive down there yet!) and so when we walked down to the creek we all did some wading to get our boots cleaned off. Then we walked the length of the property in the near dark to show Jack and Sheila where everyone is thinking of building. They got to see Diana's peacocks roosting up in her trees. The sunset was glorious! Our valley showed itself off well!

By now we were all getting hungry and were ready to eat. So we came on back to the house and while they all munched on some of Charlotte'e Friendship Bread, we showed them our 3D virtual tour of our new home plans.

Then we went to Applebee's for some dinner. Yum! I had a shrimp and spinach salad and added as a side a 5 oz. steak. My goodness it was so good and they only charged me 3.99 for the steak! Applebee's is my new favorite place to eat!

Jackie regaled us with his wit and story making. We had such a good time and are so glad they are now living closer. He has a permanent position with a water management company. I think it is in Elk Grove.

Well that was my day! And it was a good one!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun, full day! I am looking forward to staying at GoPa's Campground. And seeing more of Jack and Sheila too!!!

Charlotte said...

I was thinking if we put out the "turf" that we used at the family camp last year, that would help with having kiddos out there. Especially it would be nice to take our kids out for camping trips if we were able to mow the weeds down on the whole property.