Saturday, October 01, 2011

Rising up when the enemy tries to take you down.

I made a mistake yesterday, I said something I should not have said, I hurt another and it made me sick. It is a good thing when our hearts are stricken with remorse for the pain we have caused. This means that we care and are not callous in our hearts. I confessed to the one I hurt what I had done and I asked for forgiveness and it was freely given.

Then I began to mull over in my mind the lies of the enemy. "You are stupid. You will not be trusted ever again." He was taking me down. But it did not last for long. I put him in his place. "You are evil and your intent is to destroy me. you will not rule over my emotions, you will not steal my inheritance in the Lord. God has called me, his mantle lies over my shoulders. He covers me in my righteousness and his mercies are immediate. Restoration is complete when I turn to Him. Yes I will make mistakes but I will not let you take me down."

When I meditate instead on the word of God I will prosper. I will think rightly in my own heart and I will not hear the lies of the enemy. I will listen to the truth of my Father.

Psalm 1

 1Blessed is the man
   who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
   nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
2but his delight is in the law of the LORD,
   and on his law he meditates day and night.

 3He is like a tree
   planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
   and its leaf does not wither.
 In all that he does, he prospers.

These are the words that I will meditate on today. I will not walk in the counsel of the one who seeks to destroy my life. I will not sit and listen as he scoffs me. I will fight back with the word of the Lord, and in doing so I will prosper. I will yield good fruit. I will keep my feet planted in the river of life. This is the promise of the Lord. I will not lie down in shame!

No comments: