Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Psalm 25:10
All the paths of the Lord are mercy and steadfast love, even truth and faithfulness are they for those who keep His covenant and His testimonies. Ps. 25:10 In Hebrew "paths" of the Lord refer to His characteristic actions. My thoughts: His Characteristic actions are representative of who He is. If we know who He is we will no what his actions are. The names of God reveal His characteristics. His characteristics are the definitions of who He is. Jehovah Jireh = provider ; Jehovah Rapha = Healer etc. Then look to see what He does and what He has done. Because what He has done He will always do. He is faithful to HIs own character. Therefore I can say all His actions are faithful and reliable, I can count on Him, I can rely on HIm. He will never change, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. I can say I am confident in You. In You I feel safe and secure. If I am secure in this belief I will not even need to worry that I will be disappointed or ashamed in HIm. I will not be offended if I trust in who He is. The key is to know His characteristics. Learn the meanings of His names, look and see what He did. Paul's goal in life was to know him. I aim to make that my goal as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment